14. Using Tradem safely
Play the tutorial
We have designed our website to protect you, but it is important that you also play your part and stay vigilant when using the Internet.
Please make sure you follow our Membership behaviour code here. Maybe look at it with your responsible adult, to make sure you understand it fully.
We have created a list of 7 things for you to watch out for when using Tradem and the internet….
- Never give away private information about yourself
Don’t share your address, phone number or password with anyone. You do not want strangers contacting you, or showing up at your door.
- Be aware of fraud
Don’t let anyone trick you to steal your money, or use your identification to trick others into thinking they are you. To help prevent fraud, you should only send items to the address in the order confirmation. Always use the Tradem online payment system, and never give away your bank details.
- Contact us if there have been strange activities on your account
If there are items in your shop that you didn’t put there, or your account says you have bought something that you know nothing about, then please contact us immediately.
- When you opt for ‘Local collection’, arrange to meet somewhere safe
Ideally, bring an adult with you, just in case the person is not as nice as you hoped.
- Don’t buy or sell something you shouldn’t
If you see that someone is selling something illegal, then please report it to us straight away.
- Report unwelcome contact or anything suspicious
If you are worried about anyone else’s behaviour online, then please inform your responsible adult. Please contact us too, so we can investigate it further.
- Stay alert for phishing emails and calls
Be suspicious of any unusual requests for your personal or financial information, by phone or email. It maybe a “spoof” or “phishing” attempt. If we, at Tradem, need to contact you about your account, you can expect the following:
- We’ll never ask you to provide confidential information like your password or credit card details.
- We won’t include a link that will require you to submit confidential information on the next page.
- We wont include attachments. If you receive an unwelcome email with an attachment, don’t open it.
- We’ll never use threatening language.
- We’ll always send a copy of any important messages to your Tradem chat.