17. Recycling and re-using
Play the tutorial
Planet Earth is suffering. Every day, millions of plastic bottles, bags and rubbish end up being burnt or buried underground in 'Landfill'. When we burn rubbish, it gives off nasty gases, which add to the CO2 in the atmosphere, polluting the air that we breathe. When we bury rubbish underground, it can take thousands of years for it to break down, polluting the earth around us. Very often our rubbish ends up in our oceans, rivers and lakes destroying the delicate ecosystems of these magical places.
- Our beautiful planet needs OUR HELP! Did you know....
- Planet Earth is home to more than 7 billion people and about 8.7 million different species of animal.
- It takes one plastic straw 200 years to decompose
- Scientists believe there are approximately 5.25 TRILLION pieces of plastic polluting our oceans
- Every piece of plastic ever made still exists, and only 9% has ever been recycled
- Each UK household produces over 1 tonne of waste per year. This is the weight of a small car
- A plastic bag, like the kind given away at in shops, was recently found at a depth of 10,975 meters inside the Mariana Trench - one of the deepest parts of our oceans
At Tradem, we are PASSIONATE about recycling and reusing, and we want you to be too! Each time you buy a new toy or game, it's worth asking yourself WHAT is this made from? If I throw this toy away, how easy is it for the earth to break it down? Plastic can take 1000 years to decompose, so if it goes in the bin when you get bored of playing with it - WHERE WILL IT END UP? In Landfill underground? Burnt on a rubbish heap? Swept out to sea?
At Tradem, we believe that it is all of our responsibility to reuse wherever possible - which is why when you SELL your unwanted items to someone who really WANTS them, not only are you making them happy, but you are helping to reduce waste and save our planet!